With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, I wanted to do a little thing on how to get the guy that you’ve had your eye on. I’m not an expert but I do have a wonderful husband who I impressed with my charm some five years ago to get him! I’ve said before that men are very simple, but I didn’t mean simple minded. They are just easy going. They still have thoughts and ideas and most of all, feelings! They just don’t want us to know it.
1. Cook/ Bake for the dude. I know it seems easy enough but do it. Men don’t want to come home from work and cook. They need someone to do it for them, and some won’t even eat if someone isn’t cooking for them. I cooked David dinner almost every night before we lived together. And when we moved in together I still continued and also baked sweets for him. They are used to their moms doing this for them so they are looking for a wife who can do it too. Don’t like to cook? Buy the shit and hide the takeout boxes. Who cares, it’s the thought that counts. Just don’t tell him until you’re married. 😉
2. On David and I’s second date, I paid. Of course no knew but us, but it was a nice gesture. I offered, he refused like a gentlemen. I then asked if I could give him the money to pay instead of anyone knowing. He then agreed. This isn’t the 1950’s. If men help with housework and etc then us women can help financially. If you show your man that early on, he will have more respect for you.
3. Clean, If you hate cleaning then I can’t help you here but I like to clean. It’s refreshing and is stress relieving for me. My husband is almost a neat freak. I’m not, I will get to it when I get to it. I hate dusting and cleaning cob webs so I leave that for him, but I like doing mostly everything else. We have balanced each other out over the years, he has become less of a clean freak and I have become less of a slob. 😉 But again, a lot of men are used to their moms doing their laundry and etc. so they are looking for these qualities in a wife.
4. Put out. Need I say more? As most men get older their sex drive decreases, and as most women get older it increases. Get it now while you still can ladies. Now, I’m talking about being in a committed relationship here, not first dating kind of thing. Sex is a very important thing in a marriage, it connects you and helps you have a stronger bond.
5. Respect him. I know that it’s easy to say, “oh yeah of course I respect him.” Do you listen to him when he talks even if it’s long and boring? Are you scrolling through Facebook or Twitter while he’s talking? You may not think he cares, but he does. Besides, they listen to us babble about our family and friends and work drama, we can focus in and listen about WWII or something about something in the Middle East. When I’m listening to my husband I have to put everything down and stare at his face and really focus, because I really don’t care about geography nor war, and not really politics either. But he does, so it’s my job to listen, understand and ask questions.
He claims to listen to me all of the time, the other day we were watching TV while the baby was in bed, and he had the monitor I the recliner with him. I mentioned how he was hardly even being loud ( boasting that he goes to bed on his own, awake and eventually goes to sleep) and out of no where David yelled, ” I’m not being loud, you are!!” I couldn’t help but laugh, but I wasn’t very happy. And I totally played the “see you don’t listen to me,” card!
So everything is a two way street guys and gals, but if you want to get the guy, do these things. Guys if you want to keep the girl, appreciate the things she does for you. Appreciate each other! Marriages and relationships are hard, and if they are easy breezy, someone isn’t really 100% happy. It’s give and take. Give a little, take a little and both parties have to participate or it will end badly.
You have to wake up everyday and decide to treat your spouse/ significant other with kindness and respect. And have fun and enjoy each other a long the way. You only live
once! (Cliche, I know, but seriously) Make it count!!